New Video – Which Type of Honing Steel is Right for Me?
Knife maintenance can be a tricky business. It can be even trickier to really get a grip on what a honing steel does for your knife. And when you realize just how many types and shapes there are—oh my!
In the short video above, House of Knives President, Andre Eng, tells you all about the different kinds of honing steels, and what they’re best used for.
To learn more about honing and honing steels, check out our post What’s the Deal with Honing Steels?
Products Featured in this Video:
- The Fischer 12″ Round Chromium Steel
- The Shun Sora 9″ Honing Steel
- The Edgelogix 11″ Unbreakable Ceramic Steel – White (1600 grit)
- The Edgelogix 11″ Unbreakable Ceramic Steel – Black (2000 grit)
- The Chef’s Choice 416 Diamond Sharpening Steel
Do you have one of these honing steels? Have any questions for Andre? Let us know in the comments below!